A very warm welcome to the Holdenhurst Road Surgery
At Holdenhurst Road Surgery in Bournemouth we take pride in offering the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare. We run many clinics for chronic disease care and offer a wide variety of other medical services such as antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
In addition to everything you need to know about the practice you will also find a wealth of health-related information. We want you to get the most appropriate treatment and receive the care you need. Please help us to help you make the very best use of NHS services. There are many minor injuries, ailments or medical conditions that can be treated at your Doctors surgery and without the need for you to go to hospital. Please have a look around our website; your feedback helps us to improve so please tell us what you think.
May Bank Holiday Pharmacy Opening Times - Summer BH Opening Times
We regret that due to unforeseen circumstances, we have concluded that we are unable to take on any additional patients.
Until further notice; WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW REGISTRATIONS
For your information, practices within one mile of this surgery [by nearest distance] are:
- The Panton Practice – 14 Gervis Road BH1 3EG or 20 St Leonards Rd BH8 8QN – 01202 411700
- Providence Surgery – 12 Walpole Road BH1 4HA – 01202 395195
- Crescent Surgery – 66-68 Palmerston Road BH1 4JH – 01202 393755
- St Albans Medical Centre – 26-28 St Albans Crescent BH8 9EW – 01202 571333
- Boscombe Manor – 40 Florence Road, BH5 1HQ – 01202 303013
If you experience any difficulties with registering at another local practice, please contact: Patient Registrations
NHS SBS Tel: 01202 654050
In urgent situations please phone 111 or go to A&E
Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.
For additional information about nearby Practices please visit the NHS Choices website at http://www.nhs.uk
If you experience any difficulties with registering at another local practice, please contact
NHS SBS Tel: 01202 654050
Friends and Family
Take our friends and family test here
We are now able to offer our patients the ability to have their presecriptions issued electronically to the Pharmacy of their choice. This will mean you can go directly to the Pharmacy to collect your prescription without the need to first collect a paper copy from the Surgery. The attached leaflet explains this in more detail but if you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact your chosen Pharmcy or the Surgery. For more information click here
MAKING GOOD USE OF NHS SERVICES
Don't go to the hospital Emergency Department (ED) unless you are advised to or have a serious or life-threatening condition
Did you know, lots of conditions can be treated yourself or by your GP Surgery?
Always contact your GP Surgery first - If we are closed and you have a problem or just need some advice - call the Out of Hours Service on 111
If you need a referral to hospital, the GP arranges this for you - not the hospital
CALL US ON 01202 587111
MAKING APPROPRIATE USE OF GP SERVICES
The Doctors at Holdenhurst Road work extremely hard; most are here for 10+ hours a day and as a general rule will have anything from 40 to 70 patient contacts during their day. Please help them to help you.
Some interesting statistics have been published by the GPC of Northern Ireland [Feb 2015] on GP workload data.
This looks at data for 2013/4 compared to 2003/4:-
1. Consultation rates have increased by 63%
2. Acute prescriptions rates have increased by 28%
3. Repeat prescription rates have increased by 41%
4. Lab tests results have increased by 216%
5. GP Administrative work has increased by 115%
6. Total patient contacts have increased by 66%
This would mean, on an average day, a GP would expect to have:
47 consultations (inc home visits and telephone consultations),
- deal with 35 lab results, and
- "sign" 172 prescriptions.
Please try and help by observing a few of the following points:
- Please do not ask for immediate or urgent appointments for something that can safely wait or is of a non-urgent nature
- Before contacting the Doctors, please consider contacting the local Pharmacy for advice or over the counter medicine for minor ailments of refer to the section later in this book
- If you cannot make your appointment please tell us so it can offered to someone else
- Please understand that immediate clinical care will always come before requests for forms etc to be completed.
- Please appreciate that the Doctors have to prioritise the work they do and they will deal with your request as and when using their clinical judgement it is appropriate and as soon as they possibly can.
Did you know you can now have......
Online access to view a summary of your medical record. Ask Reception for a password
(Site updated 20/05/2016)